Land Line Now, June 15, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A newly minted Citizen Driver discusses the award, his life in trucking and why he has no plans to slow down anytime soon. Also, health and your home state.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Several states extend emergency waivers; Ohio gets a grant for an automated truck corridor on I-70; and How far would you go to save your dog? It’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Citizen Driver honored
Dozens of drivers were nominated, but in the end, there could be just two Citizen Drivers of the Year for 2020. One of them – OOIDA Life Member Jerry “Skimpy” Seaman – talks about the award, his life in trucking and why he has no plans to slow down anytime soon.
III. Your home state and your health
Most people say they have a home – and a hometown. That’s important for your business, but even more important for your health.
IV. Highway bill takes another step
This Wednesday, the House Transportation Committee will take an important step toward funding our highways and fixing some basic problems in trucking. And some fireworks are expected.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- NHTSA is kicking off the Automated Vehicle Transparency and Engagement for Safe Testing Initiative. All panels will be online and more information can be found at NHTSA.gov.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen 2005 International 9900 IX. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Troutdale, Ore. That’s at Exit 17 on Interstate 84. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- See what other medical solutions Dr. John offers at DocJmd.com.
- You can find out more about the St. Christopher Fund at TruckersFund.org.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.